at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States
The LaunchPad Research & Technology Center is a moonshot initiative of Oklahoma State University and Tulsa Innovation Labs. The Center will pair OSU’s top-tier research in unmanned systems with industry-defined research topics, entrepreneurship support, and community engagement programs to address persistent challenges in the fast-growing advanced mobility industry, develop innovative technologies, and transform the Tulsa region into a nationally recognized hub for advanced mobility innovation. The LaunchPad Research & Technology Center is one of four components of the Tulsa Regional Advanced Mobility (TRAM) Cluster, which was recently awarded a $39 million implementation grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration.
Under the leadership of the Director, the Center will work to promote innovative applied research, enhance economic opportunities for surrounding communities, and promote the expansion of the AAM industry through a variety of initiatives in partnership with regional and national companies, community organizations, philanthropies, government agencies, and peer research institutions.
The Center Director will be the chief executive of the Center, responsible implementing the Build Back Better grant and building on this foundation to create a thriving and sustainable research and educational institution:
- Developing and communicating a well-defined vision for the Center and the role it will play in the local and national AAM industry that is consistent with the core structure identified in the BBB Grant
- Building relationships and trust with current and future partners and stakeholders in the BBB initiative. Turning opponents into proponents, and proponents into partners.
- Through a thoughtful public engagement/envisioning process, finishing what has been started to help shape and build public support for the Center mission and vision.
- Setting the stage for the Center’s local, regional, and state-wide success.
- Successfully leveraging loaned staff resources and build a strong team to execute the Center mission.
The Director, working with the Board and OSU Leadership, will lead the Center in an effective, inclusive effort to achieve its mission and vision. She/he will:
- Fulfill the public purpose of working with applicable state and local government entities, property owners and other private parties, and stakeholders to encourage and facilitate research enterprises to maximize the long-term economic and other benefits for the region.
- Build and lead the team necessary to fulfill the Center’s mission and vision.
- Work closely and collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders to unit them around a shared vision, gaining their trust and support in this historic effort