at Russell-Murray Hospice in El Reno, Oklahoma, United States
Russell-Murray Hospice is looking for a motivated RN Hospice Nurse to provide compassionate nursing assessment and intervention to our most vulnerable patient population – hospice patients. This position is for our El Reno office. Duties of the RN Hospice Nurse include skilled nursing visits, performing interventions, carrying out the plan of care set in place by the RN Case Manager, provide continuous care for symptom management or imminent death, effectively communicating with Phyicians and following received orders appropriately. The ideal candidate should have a valid Oklahoma Nursing License (RN). If you have previous experience in Hospice, Palliative Care or Home Health, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, a successful RN Hospice Nurse will provide our patients with compassionate and dignified care, while working as an integral part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Full-time position – Will be paid for anything worked over 40 hours.
- Monday – Friday 8:30a – 4:30p.
- Position is for Oklahoma City Office
- Full benefits package offered.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Serve a 75-mile radius of El Reno Office. (4 locations – El Reno, Kingfisher, Weatherford, Oklahoma City)
- You may be expected to float to other offices at times. Flexibility is a must.
- Must have a reliable car and personal auto insurance.
- Ability to provide skilled nursing assessment and intervention to terminally patients.
- Provide continuous care for symptoms management or imminent death.
- Provide emotional/therapeutic support to families during difficult times.
- Implement RN Case Manager’s Plan of Case.
- Educating family and caregiver on plan of care, medication regimen, wound care, etc…
- Contributing during interdisciplinary team meetings with nursing assessment updates.
- Accurately and timely completes all documentation according to RMH policies and procedures.
- Valid Oklahoma Nursing License (RN)
- Reliable vehicle with personal auto insurance.
- Experience in nursing and dealing with death and dying patients.
Nice to have:
- Experience documenting in electronic medical records systems.
- Hospice experience (Preferred but not required)