in Tulsa County, OK
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under licensed engineer supervision, develops electrical engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents and assessments for commercial facilities, including new construction and renovation.
- Uses AutoCAD, Revit MEP and other MEP-specific design and calculation software to create detailed designs for construction documents.
- Selects electrical materials appropriate for facilities based on coordination with architects, engineers, plans, specifications, and code requirements to ensure proper construction practices are followed.
- Assists experienced engineers as directed while developing specialized engineering skills.
- Provides technical support, guidance, and input to electrical design staff.
- Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed. Maintains accurate design standards and procedures in assigned work.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other engineers, designers, and technicians on project activities.
- Develops, fosters, and maintains client relationships.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in electrical or architectural engineering from ABET accredited four-year college or university.
- Fundamentals of Engineering Exam passed, earning E.I. designation.
- Minimum two years applicable experience.
- English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, CEC team members, and the public.
- Mathematical skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. AutoCAD and Revit MEP proficiency preferred.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Primarily sedentary activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a production/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to stand and walk over uneven surfaces of project site occasionally.
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise.
- Occasional exposure to dust, dirt, construction equipment (site visits).
- Potential risk of electric shock (site visits).
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Eligible to submit applications for telecommuting and/or alternative schedule after 90 days.
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account