at PRN Business Services in Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
DELIVERY DRIVER POSITION
Our client is a fast-paced company seeking full time employment for qualified individuals. Candidates must be able to work overtime and weekends for several weeks at a time. If you are looking for a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to grow within an organization; look no further! This is no ordinary delivery position. Loading, unloading, and set up is required. If you do not like laborious work in differing environments or only intend on driving, this position is not for you! This is a Temp to Hire position.
Drivers must be 21 or older to apply. Driving experience must be at least two years behind the wheel of a BOX TRUCK 16’ or bigger to be hired on as a driver. If you lack the necessary driving experience please do not apply for the position. .
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Load and unload equipment.
- Prep equipment, if necessary, prior to loading.
- Deliver and pick up equipment.
- Maintain accurate delivery and pickup records.
- Open and close the yard per company procedure.
- Secure customer signature on contract, if not already signed.
- Inform supervisor of difficulties with deliveries or pickups.
- Place delivery and in-store returned equipment in appropriate area for inspection.
- Know specifics and applications of inventory, so you can answer questions upon delivery.
- Maintain and comply with company procedures and policies. While driving company vehicle:
- Serve as store representative.
- Carry driver’s license at ALL times.
- Observe all laws.
- Complete safety inspection/safety check daily on vehicles (fuel, lights, brakes, etc.)
- Keep vehicles clean (interior and exterior).
- Notify warehouse manager of any scrapes, dents, or accidents.
- Notify warehouse manager of any mechanical difficulties.
- Recommend equipment and related items to customers.
- Double check delivered items to make sure customers receive exactly what they ordered.
- Notify dispatcher or store if behind schedule, so customers may be contacted.
- When delivering COD orders, write check number, amount of check and initials on contract.
- Instruct customers on equipment operation.
- Start equipment for customers.
- If equipment is missing or broken upon pick up fill out the appropriate forms and get customer’s signature. Turn in these forms to supervisor, along with pick up sheets. Tag and move broken equipment to repair area.
- Complete a damaged and missing equipment report.
- Deliver pick up ticket copies to warehouse manager or dispatcher so counts can be verified prior to unloading.
- Turn in all funds collected to warehouse manager or dispatcher upon return.
- At the end of the day check gas, oil, and other fluid levels in every truck. Top off and record fluid levels as necessary.
- Perform a safety inspection/safety check on vehicles used each day.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Complete the necessary paperwork for vehicle inspections and turn in to supervisor daily. Take keys out of trucks daily.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules, and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store, and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Working Conditions: May be exposed to the general range of weather experienced in the area, except for time spent in the warehouse loading or unloading and drive time. Some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required. Some electrical equipment is delivered, although it is not a requirement to install or service the equipment. If lighting is required (the installation of extension cords and lamps) the drivers are provided with Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFI) breakers. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting, and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur.
Pay: $17-$19/hourly Based on Experience
Benefits can be discussed during interview.
Must have valid OK driver’s license (CLEAN MVR)
Pass Drug Screen/random drug screens
Pass national background check