at Meta in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Meta is seeking an ASIC Engineer, Architecture to join our Infrastructure organization. Our servers and data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. By holding this role, you will be an integral member of an ASIC team to build accelerators for some of our top workloads enabling our data centers to scale efficiently. You will have an opportunity to work with AI/Machine Learning (ML) and video codec experts in the company, help architect state-of-the art machine learning accelerators and video transcoders and contribute to modeling these accelerators. Come work and learn alongside our expert engineers to build “Green” data center accelerators.
ASIC Engineer, Architecture Responsibilities:
1. Work on advanced architecture, algorithms and models targeting either video compression or Machine Learning solutions
2. Analyze and map data center workloads to ASIC architecture, as well as develop performance and functional models to validate the architecture
3. Implement and analyze algorithms and enhanced architecture for the data center accelerators
4. Implement various models needed for the validation of the accelerators
5. Create Machine Learning kernels to analyze the ASIC Architecture, and make the architecture optimal for ML kernels
6. Experience and knowledge of Computer Architecture concepts such as processor architecture, memory systems and on-chip interconnection networks
7. Programming experience in C, C++ or related Object Oriented Programming
8. Experience and knowledge in one of the following areas – machine learning architectures, Digital Signal Processing or video codecs
9. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
10. Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related areas
11. Experience driving power and performance trade-offs. Knowledge of Machine Learning kernel development
$166,000/year to $237,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.