at APAC-Central, Inc. in Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Job ID: 458260
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Heavy Equipment Operator
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then join the CRH Family as a Heavy Equipment Operator
Job Description Summary
Ensure safe, efficient, and proper operation of various pieces of heavy equipment.
- The criteria for evaluation in this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to operate various pieces of heavy equipment, including loaders, excavators, dozers, graders, backhoes, etc.
- Be familiar with and incorporate information derived from the manuals for the individual equipment being operated.
- Be familiar with the equipment and vehicle condition report (LMP-68).
- Communicate with Project Manager/Foreperson as to the daily job specifications; operate the equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Perform daily pre-start up procedures; i.e. note the service due date, check fluid levels and make sure the equipment to be used is in good running order, complete LMP-68 (See Item IV-B), etc.
- Discuss with supervisor the anticipated production, type of materials being moved, number of trucks, etc.
- Be aware of other equipment working on the project and coordinate to work with the other equipment.
- When possible, leave the equipment in a place that is readily accessible to the Equipment Mover.
- Keep equipment clean. Wiping down equipment not only promotes positive public image, but enables the operator to inspect the equipment close range.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the
general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site in proper attire and ready to begin work at the
designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the policies, Programs & Procedures Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will:
Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
Display a professional, motivated, and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
Report to work at the designated start time and maintain acceptable attendance according to the policy.
Be able to work weekends...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account