at APAC-Central, Inc. in Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Job ID: 456119
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Night Quarry Worker
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then CRH Americas is the company for you! Apply for the Night Quarry Worker today and jump start your career with the CRH family.
To assist the foreperson with maintenance of the worksite to maintain a safe and compliant work environment.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Keep work platforms clean and free of material
- Operate skid steer to maintain quarry access point
- Complete cleanup assignments mainly with hand-held tools; work safely around moving and/or rotating equipment while using the required personal protective safety equipment.
- Perform a pre-operational check, servicing of and operation of all assigned mobile equipment.
- Operate light mobile equipment as trained and directed.
- Run crushing plant as directed.
- Assist with plant repairs as needed.
- Perform cleanup with water avoiding unsafe conditions of water on motors and other electrical equipment and be able to work and move hoses safely while standing on slippery surfaces.
- Keep foreman informed of any problems affecting assigned work.
- Be aware of environmentally sensitive areas and be alert to correct environmental problems that may develop in the assigned work area.
- This position is considered a safety sensitive due to the nature of work involved.
- This position is considered "Safety Sensitive"
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to complete required MSHA training within 90 days of employment
- Must be able to complete Miner training prior to working in facility
- Must posses a valid drivers license
- Learn how to grease motors and gear boxes
- Learn how to repair torn or damaged conveyor belts
- Learn how to shovel safely and to use correct lifting techniques.
- Learn how to perform a competent work place examination to identify hazards before starting work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Availability to work any 8 to 12 hour rotating shift, including weekends.
- Ability to walk or stand greater than one third of the time, or sit no greater than a third of the time.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; use hands and fingers to handle and feel.
- Ability to climb, balance, kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to wear hearing protection in areas of high sound levels.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account