at Sherwood Construction Co., Inc in Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Sherwood Companies was established in 1934 and currently under the third generation owner and CEO, David Sherwood. Sherwood has become an industry leader in the Midwest by having the ability to self-perform many types of civil construction projects, while having a tremendous amount of experience with all underground utilities. Sherwood self-performs many types of civil construction including: earthwork and site prep, concrete and asphalt paving, civil and structural concrete, rock excavation, piling and sheet piling, sub-grade stabilization, and water/waste-water treatment facilities.
Project Manager: Provide management oversight for all phases of the heavy/highway construction project including coordinating employees, material and equipment; ensuring specifications are followed; and work is proceeding on schedule. This also includes financial over site of the project involving budgeting, cost tracking and calculating projections.
Estimating: Responsibilities include preparing cost estimates for heavy/highway construction projects. Proficiency is required in determining costs for earthwork, subgrade preparation, asphalt and concrete paving, drainage and bridges. Experience preparing pre-bid construction schedules is also a must. This role is classified as safety sensitive.
- Develop a cost-effective plan and schedule for project completion following a logical pattern for resource utilization
- Selects and coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors
- Reviews architectural and engineering drawings to ensure all specs and regulations are followed
- Responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses
- Supervises assistant managers, reviews their reports, checks on reported difficulties and correct and safety violations or deficiencies
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion on time and within budget
- Reports to owners and architects about progress and any necessary modifications of plans
- Assists with identifying potential projects for bidding and preparing pre-bid queries
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for current or future products
- Consult with legal, finance, equipment, procurement, construction foremen and vendors to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Prepare for heavy civil construction estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work
- Analyze plans and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
- Assists in developing best suitable construction methodologies and scheduling for projects
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity