in Cleveland County, OK
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the overall sales, production, and profitability of a retail branch. The Branch Sales Manager must deliver strong sales leadership. Ensure the execution of superior sales, quality and aggressively friendly customer service behaviors by the entire staff. Exceed sales goals while maintaining an operationally efficient and compliant branch. The Branch Sales Manager is also responsible for providing consumer lending services to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following functions are supervised and/or performed by the associate. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the branch team to assure top quality sales and service of current and prospective branch customers. Implement strategies to achieve sales benchmarks and objectives.
- Coach and develop the sales and service skills of branch associates.
- Manage the activities of a local bank branch.Directly supervise multiple associates.Recommend and maintain staffing levels to ensure superior delivery of customer service.Provide prompt and honest feedback to associates regarding performance of assigned duties.
- Identify opportunities to sell consumer loans. Accept consumer loan applications and facilitate loan closings.Must work effectively with centralized underwriting department.
- Ensure in-depth knowledge of Arvest products and services among all staff members.This includes digital services and delivery options. Support customer usage of products and services that will provide the services they need in the manner most convenient for them. Maintain in-depth understanding of competitor products, practices, facilities and processes in order to ensure successful sales of Arvest bank products.
- Oversee branch activities associated with the accurate handling of customer transactions and adherence to compliance and legal regulations, both internal and external.
- Work closely with various areas of Retail Bank Operations to ensure standard procedures and practices are followed and maintained.
- Oversee all levels of branch security in accordance with organizational policies and procedures and federal/state regulations.Use sound judgment in the application of bank standards, policies and procedures regarding customers.
- Work directly with customers and/or associates to handle internal and external complaints and objections.
- Supervise and/or perform maintenance of building and equipment to maintain clean, neat, and orderly appearance of branch and to include maintaining proper inventory and storage of supplies.
- Attend various weekly and monthly meetings and communicate appropriately.
- Lead business development activities in the branch community including calls to prospective and existing customers, acceptance of small business loan applications and referrals to other product specialists as needed.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank’s BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Cross-sell other services of the bank.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the bank’s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
- Maintain involvement in community affairs to foster and promote the proper bank image at all times.
Supervise multiple associates within the branch location. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Ensure direct reports have completed required compliance training and are adhering to all internal procedures and controls as it relates to bank policy, laws, regulations and Arvest’s BSA/AML Program. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates. The incumbent has the authority and the appropriate influence to make recommendations regarding hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, or any other change of status of other associates within the guidelines of the bank’s procedures and guidelines for such change of status events. The incumbent provides training, planning, assigning, and directing work assignments and schedules; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree or equivalent related work experience required.
- 2 years’ experience in a retail banking environment or equivalent related work experience required.
- 1 year management/supervisory experience required.
- Current NMLS SAFE Act Registration or the ability to be registered within 30 days required.
- Proven track record of sales and successful coaching of a sales team required.
- Successful completion of Arvest Supervisor Training preferred.
- Successful completion of Arvest courses in FSR Training, Fundamentals of Consumer Lending and CBS/Signature Training preferred.
- Arvest experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.