at Tulsa Inspection Resources in Houston, Texas, United States
The Sewer and Waterline Inspector is responsible for performing construction inspection of residential utilities; water and sewer connections
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
1. Perform daily inspections of construction site and work completed to ensure that project is moving forward on schedule
2. Write daily reports with pictures summarizing construction activity and other important information for the day.
3. Monitor construction work for safety violations, reporting any violations to the site foreman.
4. Follow all safety protocols while on construction sites by wearing proper protective clothing.
5. Inspect drainage system construction such as detention ponds, inlet boxes and storm sewer
6. Inspect Storm Water Management and Erosion Control.
7. Inspect street subgrade preparation and compaction testing.
8. Inspect street base course preparation and compaction testing.
9. Inspect curb and gutter construction.
10. Inspect asphalt paving operations and testing.
11. Perform pressure and leakage testing of waterlines.
12. Sample all new water lines and take samples to Health Department, notify contractor of results.
13. Conduct final inspections at project completion with contractors and engineers before project acceptance by the City.
14. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Ability to stand and sit as needed on project sites.
• Ability to drive a motor vehicle to reach work sites and maneuver project sites with uneven terrain.
• Ability to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate.
• Knowledge of municipal construction inspection and documentation
• Experience with basic survey or knowledge/understanding of introductory survey principals
• Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, traffic hazards and heavy construction equipment.
• Required to traverse uneven terrain.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran