at Oklahoma Blood Institute in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
HELP SAVE LIVES
Oklahoma Blood Institute is actively seeking qualified candidates for a rewarding position with a proven track record of successful reliability that is responsible for providing a safe and pleasant blood donation experience for donors.
Considered applicants must have a high school degree or GED, college classes are a plus. This position offers paid on-the-job training with no experience required.
The phlebotomist should be a shining example of superior customer service, professionalism, donor care and technical ability. Successful candidate must be available to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, late evenings, and weekends. They must be on-time, reliable, good communicators, detail oriented, and work well with others. This position requires candidates to have reliable transportation, working telephone, standing for long periods of time, and ability to lift 40 lbs regularly.
If you are the type of person that has a passion to help save lives, this could be the perfect job for you!
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Pay: $13.50-$15.00 an hour based on experience; additional pay for technical school certification, associate degree's, bachelors' degrees, etc; additional pay if fluent in Spanish; paid on-the-job training
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(k), paid-time-off, tuition reimbursement, paid on-the-job training
Days and Hours: Varied
- Perform registration, vitals, medical screening, phlebotomy, heat sealing duties and record keeping duties associated with whole-blood, autologous, directed, therapeutic, testing services, research projects, etc
- Strictly adhere to all standard operating procedures ensuring all blood products are collected within the quality standards set forth by regulatory agencies including the FDA
- Assist supervisor in verifying and completion of daily paperwork
- Alert the Supervisor of any problems or concerns when issues arise related to equipment, venipuncture, donor questions/issues or equipment performance
- Continually assess donor needs throughout the donation process, including evaluating and treating donor reactions
- Educate donors on blood fact information such as donation frequency, need for blood products, etc
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.