at Oklahoma Blood Institute in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
HELP SAVE LIVES
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Salary: Competitive salary based on education and/or experience
Days: Monday through Friday (some weekends)
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (some early mornings and evenings)
The Director is responsible for assessing, developing and implementing strategic and tactical plans to achieve objective and goals for the organization with an emphasis on Donor Recruitment. Also is responsible for developing and maintaining a customer-focused culture that will result in external and internal partner satisfaction. Lead the Community Relations staff in developing and implementing communications and promotions in support of our organizational goals and needs. Maintaining a highly visible presence in the industry and public eye.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3 years' experience: preference given to agency experience, other qualifying experience including, Media, Marketing, PR, Advertising
- Valid driver's license
- Strong Leadership skills and verbal communication
- Strong writing skills are a must
- Recommend strategies to meet market and business needs that achieve budget collection goals
- Develop relationships with partnerships and brand position
- Demonstrate leadership skills including effective team building and coaching skills with the ability to motivate individuals and groups to achieve organizational goals
- Take a proactive and creative approach in developing innovative approaches to current and emerging business challenges
- Measures and monitors success of partnerships, new ventures and takes appropriate action to maximize return on investment
- Sets direction for staff development ensuring effective training, goal setting, and development of individual and departmental performance standards. Evaluation of tools to meet business needs.
- Provide coaching to develop sales and marketing skills
- Ensuring quality marketing and communications to support donor recruitment needs
- Build support structure to achieve high level of satisfaction for recruitment teams
- Foster relationships with Executive Team, center Executive Directors, Recruitment Managers and Donor Services Management to create a collaborative culture
- Develop strategy for new ventures as well as developing new and existing markets
- Develop an integrated, annual public relations plan to support donor recruitment efforts and ensure an adequate blood supply during high need times
- Manage and propose communication plans working up to a year in advance, to include promotions, paid advertising, earned media, digital platforms, social media as well as determine the effectiveness
- Manage critical messaging for the organization during emergency appeals and organizational crisis situations
- Maintain an attractive, up-to-date web site for the organization. Interface with donor loyalty vendor to assure seamless access for donors
- Maintain strong working relationships with print and electronic media outlets. Act as an official OBI spokesperson, as needed
- Manage advertising message in support of entire service area in communication with all leadership.
- Contract with outside PR firms, as appropriate
- Consult and manage special events across our system
- Provide support for the CEO and Board of Directors for PR issues, including the creation of press releases, media management, etc
- Hire, support, and retain PR staff. Route and delegate PR projects to appropriate staff and manage overall workflow of the department
- Develop and manage Departmental budget. Maintain vendor relationships. Continuing to evolve communication needs as the market changes.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.