at Oklahoma Blood Institute in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
HELP SAVE LIVES
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Pay: $15.00 an hour or based on education/or experience plus shift differential and holiday pay
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401(k), paid time off, $5,000 annual tuition reimbursement, holiday pay, etc
Days and Hours: Tuesday through Saturday
Hours: 9:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. (NIGHTS)
Resolve or delegate problems as needed to ensure a safe blood supply related to product quality. The Position is responsible for specimen processing, test performance, and for reporting test results.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science from an accredited institution, or Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
Special Physical Requirements:
- Must have full sight
- Hearing impairment requiring a hearing aid(s) is acceptable
- Must be fully ambulatory
- Heavy lifting required
- Handle all blood testing in the processing lab and ensure correct and accurate documentation
- Perform product quality control processes and procedures
- Perform high and moderate complexity testing.
- Follow laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of test results.
- Maintain records that demonstrate proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as donor specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies and document all quality control activities.
- Adhere to the laboratory's instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the general supervisor, technical supervisor, clinical consultant or director.
- Help perform and document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Require general supervision.
- Communicating to other shifts about status of testing, equipment, and special circumstances or situations
- Resolve any problems with blood units, equipment or staff
- Perform all necessary maintenance on testing equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment, reagents, and controls
- Perform testing and meet appropriate turn around time for lot (Batch) release of blood products
- Take call as necessary for the BacT Alert
- Perform additional duties as needed
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.