at PepsiCo in Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Machine Operator Production - Nights
Click Here to watch our Realistic Job Preview Video
Position operates one or multiple pieces of manufacturing equipment. This may include moving raw material handling to the production line, and/or filling, capping, sealing, labeling or packaging product. Removes damaged products or supplies, as needed. Position responsible for production, package, and flavor changeovers. Maintains required product inspection processes. Performs basic troubleshooting and minor repairs to ensure production equipment runs efficiently.
Position requires lifting, carrying, and pushing/pulling cases weighing 20-45 pounds per case repeatedly over a long work period. This position requires walking or standing most of the time during the shift and may include stooping, crawling and crouching over and under conveyors. Position may be required to work weekends and/or holidays.
* Operate and monitor production line(s) to ensure efficiency
* Remove or shift materials and/or finished products to facilitate proper flow
* Ensure package and product quality
* Perform preventative maintenance
* Operate all manufacturing equipment (including new technologies) efficiently and safely
* Clean equipment and area before, during, and after shift
* Maintain clean work area through good housekeeping practices
* Expedite repairs to line, working with maintenance as necessary
* Keep daily records of down time and machine operations
* Work well with others in a team-oriented atmosphere
* Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
* 18 years or older
* Experience with high speed production lines (e.g., high output, high performance equipment, fast paced production environment, etc.)
* Experience with pallets (e.g., operating a forklift, stacking/bundling product, etc.)
* Experience operating a packing machine (e.g., stacking, bundling, and wrapping product, etc.)
* Experience operating a filler machine (e.g., ensuring right mix of product, operating production computer, etc.)
* Experience operating a palletizer (e.g., building pallets, managing product changeovers, etc.)
* Experience reading blueprints (e.g., read schematics on a machine, understanding production product flow, etc.)
* Experience reading schedules (e.g., products being produced, understanding production requirements, production planning, managing changeovers, etc.)
* Experience with computers in a manufacturing setting (e.g., electronic settings, line speed, pressures, basic troubleshooting, solving for faults/alarms and resetting equipment, etc.)
* Experience with sanitization (e.g., basic procedures/steps, GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES in a food plant, identifying risks)
* Experience with minor mechanical repairs (e.g., jams, using tools, making basic adjustments to equipment, etc.)
* Experience with preventative maintenance (e.g., inspecting and maintaining equipment, detecting and correcting issues before they occur, etc.)
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.