in Tulsa County, OK
Position is Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm with the ability to work additional hours as needed.
Preferred Qualifications: Compliance review testing, evaluation of control framework, excellent written and oral communication skills, and MS Suite preferred.
Incumbent will be located at an Arvest location within Tulsa, OK.
SUMMARY: Under limited direction, the Compliance Senior Analyst identifies and corrects discrepancies with day-to-day functions. The incumbent is required to be fully knowledgeable with all applicable regulatory requirements and independently recognize, develop and implement compliance related solutions. A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and may be sensitive in nature. Work may also involve motivating or influencing others. Fostering sound relationships both internally and externally is necessary. As a compliance subject matter expert (SME), the incumbent ensures the timely identification, mitigation, resolution and reporting of existing, emerging and upstream regulatory risks and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide expert regulatory advice on compliance related mandates and initiatives to ensure a cohesive, coordinated approach that ensures the organization is taking appropriate steps to achieving full compliance.
- Analyze, research, test and lead the resolution of potential compliance issues by reviewing exposure, remediation plans, and achieving full compliance with applicable rules or regulations.
- Conduct detailed analysis of identified compliance mandates/changes/concerns and lead or provide direction with the implementation of resolutions for production problems/questions.
- Provide subject matter expertise to compliance topics for personnel across Arvest Bank and subsidiaries.
- Identify and escalate current and potential operational impacts to business unit managers and department management
- Document operational/procedural impacts and changes that need to be developed and implemented in support of overall compliance. Develop action plans designed to address regulatory findings and track timely remediation of regulatory issues
- Act as the SME for Arvest Bank regarding compliance topics for the organization.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience in a financially regulated environment required.
- 5 years of experience working with compliance functions in a financially regulated environment and/or working with regulatory agencies, including the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the Federal Reserve, State agencies, etc. required.
- Recent banking experience preferred.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation or willingness to obtain preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division, or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and to talk and hear. The associate must occasionally reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The associate may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.