at Arvest Bank in Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Position is located at 525 S Main in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Position has flexible scheduling Monday through Friday 8 am to 7 pm. (8 am to 5 pm, 9 am to 6 pm, 10 am to 7 pm)
SUMMARY: The Internet Mortgage Lender is responsible for the advising of an array of products for real estate loans for 1-4 family homes for applications received via the Arvest website, Arvest app and outbound call campaigns. As the decision-making resource for the customer, the incumbent provides professional guidance to customers in their search for financing. Detailed knowledge of the many products offered is critical to allow proper evaluation of all loan prospects. The incumbent should maximize the generation of revenue utilizing all cross-selling opportunities. Finally, the incumbent must protect the bank’s loan assets by providing continual supervision for the loans under his/her accountability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide exceptional customer service. Display sincere, outgoing and aggressive friendliness at all times. When assisting customers facing adverse scenarios be empathetic and compassionate as to their individual personal and financial situations. Insure that all customers, both internal and external, are responded to in a timely manner while adhering to the Arvest Sundown Rule. Help resolve customer complaints and concerns within the division and for the company as a whole and escalate to management if unable to resolve directly.
- Process new Internet and Mobile Applications assigned on a daily basis. Communicate directly with potential borrowers to identify the objectives of the customer and offer loan program options to fit their individual financing needs. Discuss general loan program guidelines and qualification parameters while assisting the customer in completing a detailed and thorough initial application.
- Make daily outbound calls to existing and potential customers to inform them of the services and products offered by Arvest Mortgage. Daily outbound call volume expectations are set and monitored by management. They include various customer outreach campaigns such as credit triggers, MLS listing notifications, Arvest Pre-Screen offers, etc.
- Build “customer for life” relationships by providing routine and structured follow-up to ensure that each customer will always look to Arvest for future mortgage transactions. Ask for referral opportunities from existing customers in an effort to advance the scope and reach of our existing customer base.
- Stay abreast of our constantly changing industry and knowledgeable on individual loan programs and products. Deploy a “Never Stop Learning” methodology to ensure we provide a confident, accurate and informed customer experience while striving to become a subject matter expert in our trade. Attend and participate in company sponsored events, educational webinars, and division/team huddle sessions.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance related to all state, federal, agency and internal regulation and law. Compliance is to be achieved in both company representation and individual mortgage loan practices and procedures. Complete all mandatory training in a timely manner and proactively pursue professional development opportunities.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank’s BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes, but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- 2 years of financial product lending experience required.
- Good background or understanding of all banking functions required.
- Current NMLS SAFE Act Registration or the ability to be registered within 30 days required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience in a related field preferred.
525 S Main Street Suite 900
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74103