at Bodycote in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Job DescriptionHeat Treatment Control Technician - Oklahoma City, OK Starting wages are $15.00-$28.00 depending on experience and shift differential! Hours: 3rd Shift - 7PM-7AM Our people are the heart of our business. As the world’s largest provider of thermal processing services, Bodycote employs thousands of highly skilled staff around the globe, some of the best engineers, scientists, and technicians in the industry. Our staff is encouraged to develop their skills through professional career development and our in-house training resources.
At Bodycote what we do matters and as a member of our team, what you do matters too. Do you like to work with your hands while being active at work? Do you have experience running multiple types of heat treatment furnaces? Come start a career with Bodycote working as a skilled furnace operator. To be eligible for this role, you will need 2-5 years experience working with Atmosphere, Vacuum, Press Quench, Induction, Pits, Tip Ups, Mesh Belts, and/or Temper style furnaces. This role is 3rd shift with the potential of moving to a continental 2nd shift position. In addition, you will:
- Control and monitoring heat treat furnaces and following written procedures on shop orders
- Prepare work for processing; load and unloads furnaces, bins, fixtures, and baskets
- Bring any irregularity to the supervisor’s attention
- Promote safety and good housekeeping practices
- This position will allow for cross-training and development of additional skills
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Education – High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 to 5 years experience in heat treating as a furnace operator
- May be required to work overtime or any shift, including weekends
- May need to obtain and maintain forklift operation certification
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is preferred, but not required
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans for employee and family
- 401k with 5% company match
This position requires the following physical and mental demands consisting of, but not limited to the following:
- Must be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time in an office/industrial environment.
- Ability to work full time, 40 hours per week with overtime.
- Ability to bend, pull, stoop and reach to perform functions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc.
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc.
- Ability to hear in person and via phone
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Bodycote has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe, quality-oriented, and productive work environment and for these reasons, all applicants in the United States who receive a conditional offer of employment must undergo a drug screen before employment begins.
Bodycote is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against current and prospective employees based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, the age for individuals over forty years of age, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.
6924 South Eastern Avenue
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73149