at Philos Hospitality, Inc / Hospitality House of Tul
General Description: Hospitality House of Tulsa is a Christian faith-based nonprofit that provides lodging, meals, prayer support for families traveling in medical crisis. The Guest Expereince Ambassador provides support for the mission of The Hospitality House of Tulsa by assisting guests by taking of referrals, answering phones, checking families into and out of rooms, ministering and providing for our guests needs, data entry, performing routine housekeeping duties throughout the Welcome Center and rooms, as well as assisting with family programs and services.
Imagine having a job that feels more like a calling to kindness. Where the people you help and serve are so grateful for what you do every day and express it! Where at the end of the day, you go home with joy, gratitude, and satisfaction knowing you were in a position that helped others with compassion and excellence. Imagine working for an organization where it feels like family. Where your skills and experience are appreciated. Where additional skills are taught and encouraged. Where your Christian faith values are honored and shared.
That position exists at Hospitality House of Tulsa! Competitive pay within the hospitality and healthcare industry, healthcare benefits, and a generous PTO plan are also provided. If you are a mom looking for a flexible part time job, a college or tech school student needing part-time hours, a recent graduate looking for their career path, contact us today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer Telephone
- Check in / Check out families
- Receive Room Donations
- Data entry and provides data for reports
- Filing Sooner Care Claims
- Finishes reports for “end of day”
- End of day - checks and secures Day Room and Welcome Center
- Locks Welcome Center and sets alarms before leaving
- Makes sure that Welcome Center is “ready” for the morning staff
Assisting Guest Experience Director:
- Assistance maintaining census information
- Communicates with social workers, chaplains, nursing staff, physicians, and other referring parties to admit and assign apartments to families. Keeps apprised about families & their medical and social situations while respecting confidentiality and privacy.
- Assistance with maintaining the waiting list.
- Meet with guests during their stay to identify their needs and recommend new activities, programs, or ways we can assist them.
- Assist the Guest Experience Director in ensuring that the needs of the guests are effectively and efficiently met.
- Community Connection services – contacting rural communities to request assistance for families as they return home from their stay at HHT. Also, requesting opportunities to assist our guests with the Community Connection program.
- Perform room checks and stock supplies in rooms.
- Offer prayer support to guests and update prayer request cards.
- Help manage the Day Room guest activities, check-ins, checkouts, etc.
- Promotes the concept of “home away from home”
- Assist with Guest Laundry
- Deliver Meals to Guest Rooms
- Perform daily routine housekeeping and room cleaning duties as needed
- Communicates to ensure rooms are ready for guests in an efficient time frame including laundry. Notify supervisor of problems or hazards
- Filing, data entry and other office work
- Help manage and balance petty cash
- Providing prayer support for guests and volunteers
- Reports directly to the supervision of the Guest Experience Director.
- Assist with fundraising events, including serving on a committee and working at events.
Education / Work Experience/ Values Requirements:
- Personal core values exemplified and equivalent to the organization's Christian values and tenants.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Proven experience in project management, balancing multiple projects, and working on a team
- Experience working with a variety of people under stress
- Strong problem solving and crisis intervention skills
- Strong communications skills (verbal, written, and email)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Experience with Sales Force or Room Reservation System a plus
- High School Diploma Required
- 2 year or 4 year degree from accredited college or university preferred
- Must be able to regularly walk, bend, climb stairs, and lift up to 35 pounds. Need use of both hands to grasp and carry supplies and packages.
- Should have a positive attitude and work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Valid Oklahoma driver's license with good driving record required.
- Willingness to jump in and help team members in a variety of situations.
- Non-profit, hotel, ministry, healthcare, or customer service experience a plus
- Healthcare Benefits Available
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off) program
- 7 Paid Holidays (plus Birthday holiday)
- Office snacks and refreshments
Philos Hospitality, Inc / Hospitality House of Tul