at NANA Management Services, LLC in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
This position is responsible for the overall managerial direction for all front of the house operations and catering activities at First Americans Museum (FAM). Daily client and customer contact required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes sure all assigned dining activities and services are provided in a high quality, consistent, and cost-effective manner.
- Plans, develops, implements, and revises policies, operations, and procedures.
- Measures the performance of assigned activities.
- Prepares and serves food and refreshments at social affairs.
- Arranges tables and decorations.
- Specifies number of servings to be made from any vegetable, meat, beverage, and dessert to control portion costs.
- Purchases kitchen supplies, catering wares and equipment, or requisitions them.
- Establishes and implements an organized system of supervision and general operating procedures.
- Strong understanding of event management software.
- Directs and coordinates the promotion of new services.
- Is accountable for making sure all activities and operations comply with applicable internal and external regulations, laws, and sound business practices.
- Tracks financial data, reports, forecasts, and expenditures to achieve optimum efficiency, economy of operations, and maximize profits.
- Supports an active safety program.
- Continuously seeks to improve the quality of assigned activities.
- Plans and implements an effective staff training program.
- Makes sure the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all assigned employees are defined and understood.
- Consistently demonstrates professional skills in efficiently carrying out assigned activities, using all forms of communications, handling of change, developing employees, solving typical business problems, and making decisions.
- Assists with serving food to guests, washing, packing dishes, and utensils for removal to catering establishments.
- Works closely with Executive/Sous Chef for customized menus.
- This position is responsible for the supervision of staff.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have minimum of three (3) years of supervisory or management experience in the Food Service industry.
- Must have Alcohol Training or Alcohol Certification, per state requirement, contingent upon 30 days of hire.
- HACCP ServSafe certification required contingent upon 30 days of hire.
- Must have experience with sales reports POS (Point of Sale) transactions.
- A valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS’ vehicle insurance policy.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Hotel/hospitality culinary experience preferred.
- Full beverage and bar experience preferred.
- Candidates with extensive food service management, knowledge and experience are preferred.
- At least one (1) year of catering management experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors: environmentally controlled, requires most or all work to be done inside; occasional outdoor work required.
Noise level: Mild to moderate.
Description of environment: This a fast-paced kitchen and dining environment in a restaurant and catering setting. Will also work in an office environment to complete other administrative duties.
Physical requirements: Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift. Infrequently required to sit, crouch or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs.
Travel: Minimal to infrequent travel within city limits to perform essential work duties.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Language skills sufficient to: Read, analyze, and interpret general business reports. Write reports, business correspondence. Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, associates, and the general public.
Math skills sufficient to: Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Reasoning abilities sufficient to: Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Dedication to understanding and exceeding customer expectations/needs. Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at email@example.com
NANA Management Services, LLC
659 First Americans Blvd
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73129