at NANA Management Services, LLC in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Sous Chef is responsible for the preparation, production, and presentation of a variety of foods, completion of production sheets and with other associated food service activities for daily production. The Sous chef will work closely with the executive chef in new menu creation, production and daily specials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all main line food production duties with specific items determined by assigned shift.
- Reviews the needs of the day with assigned supervisor(s), completes production sheets, and verifies supply needs and availability.
- Assists assigned cooks with menu and recipe adherence.
- Responsible for quantity and quality control in food production as well as overall sanitation of assigned areas.
- Assists in the supervision and training of food service personnel.
- Arranges for kitchen helpers/assistants to complete smaller item preparation.
- Verifies and oversees food serving lines, areas, bars, etc., making sure they are properly stocked, set up, and cleaned.
- Using a working knowledge of all general food service area positions, this position “fills in” for any one of these positions at a moment’s notice.
- Observes and instructs others on the proper rotation procedures to be followed for produce and dairy products.
- Maintains food production equipment and storage areas following proper sanitation, safety, and operational procedures.
- May assist other food service personnel at any given time.
- This position is responsible for the supervision of staff.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- Must have High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have two (2) years of related work experience with significant supervisory responsibilities.
- Must have Alcohol Training or Alcohol Certification, per state requirement, contingent upon 30 days of hire.
- HACCP ServSafe certification required contingent upon 30 days of hire.
- At least two (2) years of experience demonstrating knowledge of proper food service sanitation methods and equipment, and food preparation quality control procedures.
- A valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS’ vehicle insurance policy
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Two (2) years of directly related culinary vocational training. Candidates without such training need two (2) additional years of related experience
- Associates Degree in the Culinary Arts.
- Hotel/hospitality culinary experience preferred.
- Full beverage and bar experience preferred.
- Candidates with extensive food service management, knowledge and experience are preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors: environmentally controlled, requires most or all work to be done inside; occasional outdoor work required.
Noise level: Mild to moderate.
Description of environment: This a fast-paced kitchen and dining environment in a restaurant and catering setting. Will also work in an office environment to complete other administrative duties.
Physical requirements: Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift. Infrequently required to sit, crouch or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at email@example.com
NANA Management Services, LLC
659 First Americans Blvd
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73129