at Facebook in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs focuses on delivering Facebook’s vision through Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state-of-the-art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR & VR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.As part of the AR Silicon Architecture team, this position focuses on one or more aspects of chip architecture in the areas of CPU, GPU, interconnect, IO subsystems, Compression, DRAM controllers, and Security. Deep background in development of one or more of the above areas from architecture, microarchitecture, design, and verification is important. The candidate will drive the future of FB custom silicon in the AR/VR space for targeted perf/watt optimization in custom domain use cases. The ideal candidate for this role will have an excellent grasp on SoC architecture, experience with thermally constrained performance optimization on mobile devices, comfortable in operating in a cross-functional environment, and a hands-on approach to problem-solving.This is a full-time position based at our offices in either Redmond, Washington or Menlo Park, California.
1. Architecture definition and specification of a chip subsystem or entire SoC.
2. Work across disciplines, brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, juggle/coordinate multiple initiatives, drive a concept into a prototype and ultimately guide the transition into a high-volume consumer product.
3. Drive architectural/design studies including selecting ASIC technologies, FPGA ASIC emulation, and other system topics such as interface approaches, etc.
4. Work cross-functionally with SW, FW, Modeling, and development teams.
5. Travel both domestically and internationally.
6. Works effectively as an individual and in a multidisciplinary international team.
7. Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
8. 10+ years of experience as a Silicon Architect and Digital Design Engineer for production silicon.
9. Experience in evaluating trade-offs such as speed, performance, power, area.
10. Experience in employing scientific methods to debug, diagnose and drive the resolution of cross-disciplinary system issues.
11. Experience with thermally constrained performance optimization on embedded devices.
12. Experience with methods for partitioning a solution across hardware and software, digital, and other multi-disciplinary boundaries in a system solution.
13. Experience with top down high-level-model to HW mapping.
14. Experience with performance and power modeling of chip subsystems.
15. Experience dealing with ambiguity in a fast changing consumer electronics field.
16. Experience collaborating and/or leading in a team environment.
17. Knowledge of industry trends and disruptive technologies.
18. Results oriented, self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative & critical thinking.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account