at International Flavors and Fragrances (Pryor Plant) in Pryor, Oklahoma, United States
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for providing mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, HVAC, on plant equipment and general maintenance. The incumbent will be responsible for a rotating 12-hour shift and overtime/on-call work as needed.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Disassemble, clean, inspect, repair and reassemble equipment such as pumps, compressors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and steam turbines, using hand tools, solvents, micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, and/or laser aligning equipment in order to restore it to safe and efficient operation.
• Find and correct problems (troubleshoots) with equipment using mechanical knowledge, equipment specification sheets, and manufacturer literature in order to restore to operation.
• Removes or installs valves, pumps, motors, piping and other equipment in order to facilitate maintenance activities or install new equipment.
• Actively participate in and accept all Safety, Health and Environmental responsibilities.
• Lubricates gearboxes, pumps, bearings and other equipment in order to prolong life and keep them operating safely and efficiently.
• Inspects, removes and replaces bearings on equipment in order to restore to operation.
• Adjust tension or changes belts on equipment so that equipment works at maximum efficiency.
• Work with peers in a team-oriented environment
• Actively participate in a safe and respectful work environment
• Continuously learn and enhance job skills as well as teaching others to enhance their skills
The following are required:
• High School Diploma/GED
• 3+ years of experience in an industrial mechanic, Journeyman, or related role OR completion of an Apprenticeship Program or Associates of Applied Science Technology degree in electrical, instrumentation, or millwright
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Basic computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• The ability to follow safe work practices
• The ability to read/understand loop and P&ID drawings
• The ability to document technical work that is performed
• The ability to read/understand equipment manuals and mechanical drawings
• The ability to troubleshoot techniques from simple to complex problems in the manufacturing environment
• Willing and able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), including the use of a SCBA, as required
• Willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating shift
• Willing and able to work overtime and on-call as needed
The following is preferred:
International Flavors and Fragrances (Pryor Plant)
BOX 248, MAIP
Pryor, Oklahoma 74362