at Whiting-Turner in Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Whiting-Turner Project Engineers are team members who help manage all aspects of construction projects. Reporting to a Project Manager, the Project Engineer’s major duties include:
1. Coordinating work with project owner representatives, architects, engineers, inspectors, and site subcontractors.
2. Managing estimating and bidding processes and tracking costs to manage project budget.
3. Writes contracts and purchase orders using company boilerplate language to document all ordered work, schedules, projected costs, change orders and technical specifications.
4. Participating in meetings to coordinate work and manage labor concerns.
5. Implementing project schedules including each task associated with project completion.
6. Documenting the technical, financial and personnel aspects of each project.
7. Reviewing project drawings, specifications, submittals and change orders.
8. Providing field support to construction superintendents to help ensure contract compliance, quality control and maintenance of a safe work site.
9. Tracking project phase completion against milestones.
Basic qualifications for Project Engineer candidates include:
1. Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Engineering Technology or Construction Management, Construction Technology.
1. Knowledge of engineering principles.
2. Knowledge of basic business principles sufficient to project and monitor expenses.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
4. Ability to read and understand technical specifications, blueprints and engineering/architectural drawings.
5. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
6. Experience with construction projects, mechanical/electrical systems, building materials, building mechanics or working with craft workers.
Whiting-Turner will train qualified candidates to develop:
1. General knowledge of safety regulations, ANSI standards, local and state building codes, environmental codes, availability of industry-specific codes and guidelines.
2. General knowledge of general construction processes, practices and work sites.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Suretrak, Primavera (or other scheduling software.
The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including the disabled and veterans.
300 East Joppa Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21286