RN Manager - Registered Nurse - Adult Endoscopy
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Position Title:RN Manager – Registered Nurse – Adult Endoscopy
Job Description:General Description:
Under general direction, responsible for the planning, manages and coordination of services to ensure that quality health care is delivered in the OUMC Adult GI Lab services.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Coordinates and manages the operational and clinical functions in conjunction with administration and medical directors.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records and directives.
- Monitors the status of equipment repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Evaluates, develops and implements process improvements to enhance effectiveness.
- Prepares employee evaluations and responsible for the hiring, promoting, discharging and transferring of employees.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing needs of the unit; available for staffing needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Maintains the ability to perform procedures in the discipline for which they supervise.
- Arranges appropriate in-services and continuing education programs to meet the needs of the staff.
- Ensures the proficiency of the staff on the unit.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure efficient accomplishment of department goals and objectives to contribute while meeting all related State and Federal accreditation and governmental regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. BSN required; Master’s level education preferred
Experience: Five years of experience as a Registered Nurse, preferred in subspecialty area listed. Two (2) years of supervisory or charge nurse experience.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty (permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment). Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) (American Heart Association) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (American Heart Association) within 3 months of hire. Department specific requirements may apply, see attached if applicable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques, procedures and processes of the GI lab.
- Managerial skills sufficient for organizing, developing and supervising a department and staff.
- Knowledge of managerial functions such as budgets, statistical measures, report writing, performance improvement tools, etc.
- Computer literate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must able to prioritize and manage several tasks at one time
Current OU Medicine Employees – Please click HERE to login.OU Medicine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, s exual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.