Engineering Technician III (Planner/Estimator)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Fort Sill, OK 73503
The Engineering Technician III (P&E) is responsible for cost and labor estimates for building repair and maintenance and will report to the Fort Sill PWO Manager.
Projects include maintenance repair, construction, and renovation.
• Assists in planning electrical and electrical component installation, exterior utility systems, carpentry and structural work, concrete, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, and fire control systems.
• Coordinate work with government employees, subcontractors, and others from inception of bidding to pre-constructions walk-through to project closeout
• Performs inspections and quality assurance tasks on buildings both historic and non-historic.
• Research materials, estimate labor costs, and vendors needed based on project needs.
• Use knowledge and experience to make recommendations for alternative materials, labor and vendors.
• Routinely work with customers and co-workers to develop creative approaches to solving maintenance and construction problems.