Unit Registration Rep
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73101
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
If you are selected for an interview, you will receive an email invitation (from a Montage email address) to self-schedule. Please ensure the email provided on your application is checked regularly.
* Registers patients as needed, places the patient in a bed per the direction of the Nurse Manager or her designee.
* Responsible for assembly of all patient charts.
* Transfers patients to different areas of the unit, including the OR setting.
* Admits newborns into the security system after delivery, assigns proper tags to each mother and newborn.
* Monitors the newborn security system, notifies the appropriate personnel in the event of the a code.
* Responsible for answering the doors and monitoring traffic in and out of the unit.
* Responsible for notifying security of correct infant count in the event of an alarm.
* Updating of all patient census boards.
* Maintains QS system-proper room/patient assignment-admission and discharge.
* Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: 1-3 years experience in clerical setting
Other skills & knowledge:
Basic computer skills necessary. Typing 50 wpm, professional verbal and written communication skills, medical terminology
and some medical insurance knowledge required. Working knowledge of windows based operating systems.
Education: Business School or College
Experience: Medical field experience
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
For more details see online:URL