Manager, EHR Laboratory Applications
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73101
The EHR Applications Manager-Lab provides leadership in establishing goals and priorities and in the overall management of the ancillary applications team. This position ensures continuity and alignment of ancillary applications with OU Medicine strategies, IT strategic plans, and facility needs. The EHR Applications Manager-Lab will lead the team in the deployment, implementation, and ongoing support of the EHR and supporting applications.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Manages a team of EHR Application Analyst and leads the team in implementation and ongoing support of the system-wide EHR including staffing, hiring, training, and performance management.
- Assists in resolving highly complex issues regarding clinical applications, coordinates application testing, implementation of software releases, assists in developing strategies for training and tools for all clinical applications, and champions standardization, utilization, optimization and use of best practices in clinical applications.
- Participates in all phases of the system development life cycle including development of use cases and evaluation of software solutions
- Develops, configures, and modifies moderately complex information systems
- Leads team to create documentation of business requirements, current and future state workflows
- Leads team that designs, codes/configures, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains program/applications
- Coordinates all testing phases of associated applications during implements and upgrades
- Supports existing functionality with future expansion to additional areas
- Develops strong relationships with department leaders, end user communities, customers, and business partners
- Utilizes best practices for use within the organization.
- Leads team that provides hands-on training as needed for end users
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.
Employer’s Job# R0001872
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.