Surgical Technician - PRN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73101
Under immediate to general supervision, provides technical assistance in the capacity of a surgical (scrub) technician in an operating room, labor and delivery or other facility performing surgical procedures.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Learns to use Physician s preference cards to assist in preparing the operating room for the surgical procedure
- Prepares sterile field by the opening of instruments and supplies utilizing sterile technique
- Performs the surgical scrub prior to the patient entering the room on all procedures
- Assists in preparing operative field by assisting the physician in draping the patient
- Preserves and ensures correct identification of operative specimens for laboratory analysis
- Obtains special equipment such as electrosurgical machines and diagnostic lights and ensures that they are in working order
- Manipulates such instruments to aid in the efficiency of the surgeon and avoid hazard to patient
- Observes progress of surgery and provides additional instruments, supplies or other items as needed
- Recognizes and corrects breaks in sterile technique
- Participates in sponge, needle and instrument counts as directed by the circulating nurse
- Cleans or sterilizes contaminated instruments, equipment and supplies; cleans operating room areas; disposes of soiled linen
- Assists in the training of surgical technicians
- If assigned to the Labor and Delivery unit incumbent may be required to perform a variety of clerical and technical direct patient care activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited school/program for Surgical Technicians OR Substitute 6 months of scrub tech experience for the completion of training. Eligible to sit for the national exam by the Association of Surgical Technicians.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.
Employer’s Job# R0001877
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.