Wire Harness Design Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Houston, TX 77058
Cimarron is seeking a Wire Harness Design Engineer to develop wiring diagrams and wire harness assembly build drawings using the Mentor Graphics Capital tool suite in support of the VC-25B program in Houston, TX. This position requires up to 25% travel to Seattle, WA.
• Develop wiring diagrams based upon ICD and various supplier data.
• Develop and maintain cable/wire harness detail and assembly drawings.
• Analyze results and perform design reviews.
• Participate in meetings to inform project on status of drawings.
• Develop and maintain electrical product detail, assembly, and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing).
• Provide engineering design disposition on discrepancies.
• Participate in technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
• Analyze functional and physical input to assure development of complete integrated design.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Ability to obtain a U.S. government Secret clearance.
• 2 or more years of experience with Mentor Graphics.
• Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments.
• Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
• Ability to work well in a team environment with direction.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical discipline OR 6 or more years of experience in lieu of education
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Active U.S. Security Clearance.
• Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical discipline.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.
We believe in recognizing employees’ worth by offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) contributions, educational reimbursement, and much more. From company communication through Company-wide information meetings led by our President and CEO, to an Awards program designed to recognize our amazing employees and their accomplishments, you will not only feel like you are a part of a team, you will be a valued member of the Cimarron family.
Cimarron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran. Due to facility security requirements, only US citizens are eligible for consideration at this time.