Operator USW (Petroleum Pipeline) - W. Tulsa, OK
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tulsa, OK 74172
The key responsibilities associated with the Operator role include:
Monitor all product movements into and out of the Terminal/Station including:
- mainline operations of pumping units, transferring product to storage vessels;
- making valve lineups, operating refined product pumps;
- managing product changes, operating above ground storage tanks, performing product sampling, running samples for analysis on in house lab equipment;
- measurement of location physical stock, meters, and additive variances
Input information into computer programs and perform daily facility inspections.
Provide support for a 6-spot loading and unloading rack.
Participate on the facility emergency response team.
Assist technicians with maintenance duties and perform general maintenance duties as directed by the Supervisor.
Comply with Company policies and procedures, including System Integrity Plan (SIP) and OQ requirements and implement them into location work practices.
Attend and actively participate in safety training meetings.
Perform any other tasks that may be assigned.
Operators at W Tulsa may also be cross-trained to perform Lead Operator responsibilities, including:
- Monitor all product movements and associated equipment to perform those movements. Ensure compliance with regulations, SIP, the reliability of equipment, accurate measurement and the quality of products transported through the facility. Lead Operators are responsible for the overall product movement and facility operations during his/her shift
- Monitor and direct the Operator on all product movements in to and out of the station or terminal by coordinating with the area scheduler, refineries and product quality. Tasks can include: mainline operations of pumping units, transferring product to storage vessels; making valve lineups, operating refined product pumps; performing product sampling, measurement of location physical stock and meters, input information into computer programs and perform daily facility inspections
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, and the union bidding process applies.
Valid driver’s license to drive Company vehicle.
Education: Either a two year degree from an accredited vocational/technical school or three years experience in a related field is required. Proficient math skills necessary to perform this job.
Basic Skills: Knowledge of refined petroleum product characteristics, measurement and safe handling practices. Demonstrated competency in all aspects of operations required within 180 days of hire.
Working Conditions: driving Company vehicles to perform duties; working outside and inside; exposure to extreme heat and cold; exposure to petrochemical hazards; and exposure to dangerous equipment.
Physical Demands: hearing, seeing (acuity, near, far, and depth), talking sitting, standing, walking, lifting (up to 50 lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling (up to 50 lbs), climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, and wearing personal protective equipment.
Additional requirements: Regular attendance; the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English with co-workers, supervisors, internal and external customers; the ability to work in stressful conditions; the ability to adapt and respond in changing circumstances; the ability to use a personal computer with the Windows® operating system to complete time sheets, send and receive email, and access information posted on the Company’s intranet; availability as needed to work on both a scheduled and call-out basis; and the ability to work at the assigned job site.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
High School Grad or Equiv or better.
Associates or better in Petroleum Tech or related field.
3 years: Either a two year degree from an accredited vocational/technical school or three years experience in a related field is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©
Magellan Midstream Holdings GP, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, s exual orientation, gender identity, s ex or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.