Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Responsible for administering and coordinating necessary maintenance at assigned Head Start facilities and other facilities as needed and maintain maintenance vehicles. There will be times when there is a combination of maintenance staff to get jobs completed. Must work well with others as a team effort. This job requires flexibility to be successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for necessary maintenance at assigned Head Start and Early Head Start centers and playgrounds.
2. Maintain all centers/playgrounds in compliance with childcare licensing requirements.
3. Responsible for removing old and installing new playground equipment and assemble toys, equipment, and furniture for classrooms as needed.
4. Meet all safety concerns at all sites and playgrounds regularly.
5. Performs necessary jobs at all facilities, including carpentry and plumbing (if it does not require state license).
6. Responsible for ordering and transporting and installing materials to sites as required.
7. Responsible for work order requests; filled, completed, and filed. Computer skills preferred.
8. Must be familiar with all C.A.R.D. service areas and able to work flexible hours when needed.
9. Must be able to lift heavy materials — I.E., mulch, wood, toys, furniture, etc.
10. Must be organized and be able to recognize priority issues.
11. Must be able to work independently, be responsible for equipment and a self-starter and trustworthy
12. Must be able to react to emergencies in a calm and capable way.
13. Perform other program-related assignments as designated by Head Start Director to meet program goals.
14. Maintain pleasant, professional, and positive communication with children, families, volunteers, and staff and have a friendly and helpful attitude.
15. Be trustworthy and truthful.
16. Move and set up new classrooms when needed.
17. Maintain lawns and playgrounds for child and staff safety.
Work experience preferred in facility maintenance, carpentry, and plumbing. Must have a valid driver’s license, current insurance in employee’s name, a current physical and TB screening. Subject to random drug testing. Follow oral and written instructions. Satisfactory OSBI background / Fingerprint check required by the Child Care Licensing Regulations of the State of Oklahoma.