Financial Analyst III
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Durant, OK 74701
Join Our Team!
We have a great team of friendly, talented and inspiring people at First United. As a learning organization, we take pride in offering exciting opportunities for employees to grow and follow their passions. That’s one of the many reasons First United has been voted as one of the top places to work in Oklahoma since 2009! Browse this page to find out more about the First United culture and the many benefits of working here. Then, use our “Get Started” section to take your first step to being a part of First United.
Job TitleFinancial Analyst III
The Financial Analyst III position is responsible for analyzing and reviewing complex financial projects that primarily focus on increasing bank efficiency and profitability.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Develops and maintains reporting models:
- Branch Reports
- Board Reports
- Community Bank & Bank Budget Model
- Prepares and delivers Executive Finance Dashboard and Liquidity Management Reports.
- Performs work on assigned projects daily, primarily dealing with increasing bank profitability and efficiency.
- Reviews and analyzes financial statements and other business-related reports to provide insight to bank presidents on their performance.
- Reviews and analyzes upcoming changes in:
- Market Trends
- Bank regulations and policies
- Assesses the performance and suitability of models by evaluating their mathematical theory and construct, and analyzing the relevance of assumptions, accuracy of data and calculations.
- Aggregates and analyzes recommendations and results and identifies trends and risks.
- Attends regional community bank president bimonthly meetings and hold the CFO position at the state level.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as requested by Executive Management or Supervisor.
- Completes all required compliance exams on a yearly basis.
- Ability to adhere to all company policies, core values and procedures.
- Dresses professionally.
- Generates solutions to problems and suggests alternative solutions when necessary.
- Performs as a contributor in Bank-wide projects.
- Displays genuine interest in learning and working in the banking profession.
- Manages the operation of A3 financial reporting and forecasting software
- Reviews incentive compensation plans for community banking officers, recommends plan changes, and provides summary reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 5 or more years of Financial Analyst experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years banking industry experience
- Possesses knowledge of accounting sufficient to understand and analyze the relationships between the different financial statements, in order to produce a written analysis
- Strong financial analytical ability
- Strong Excel skills
- Good interpersonal, technical, problem solving, and written communication skills
- Demonstrates dependability through good attendance and adherence to time lines and schedules
- Able to work in a team environment
- Highly motivated with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates initiative, judgment/discernment and self-motivation
- Ability to summarize complex information into dashboard and executive level reporting
- Possess the ability to negotiate and use influence to collaborate across the organization
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in time-sensitive situations
- Able to perform financial modeling with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Banking Business Units (Mortgage, Insurance, etc.)
- Possess basic understanding of Capital, Liquidity, Earnings, Margin Analysis, Acquisition Accounting analysis and theory
- Maintains professional demeanor in pressurized situations
- Possess the ability to review and offer commentary on complex models
- Advanced Database Analytics Experience – Power BI, Dax, Power Query M, SQL
- Ability to build and maintain larger, more complex models
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
All Locations:Durant-Corporate, McKinney, McKinney-Craig Ranch
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please email us at for assistance.
*First United Bank is an *
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, s ex, s exual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.