Medical Technologist I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Enid, OK 73701
Medical Technologist I
5am-6:30pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday. On call every 5th week.
DLO Duties and Responsibilities:
Main Duties: Perform testing in the areas of Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Serology, and Microbiology in a hospital environment.Weekly monitoring of QC and corrective action documentation. Monthly preparation of QC and corrective action for technical supervisor.Responsible for day-to-day activities of the laboratory in the absence of lab supervisor.Ensure lab maintains QC, CAP and NQA requirements.
Required Knowledge: A solid understanding of basic laboratory testing, including Quality Assurance /Quality Control is required for this position. A successful candidate will possess good computer skills and be able to adapt to using multiple computer systems. The candidate should be able to take instruction from a variety of sources without adversity.
Required Experience: Previous hospital laboratory experience is a plus but not required. Should have basic knowledge associated with testing in Hematology, Blood Bank, Chemistry, Coagulation, Serology, Urinalysis and Microbiology.A successful candidate should possess national certification as an MT or MLT from a recognized organization.
Special Requirement: Holiday and weekend rotation required.Overtime may be required as staffing levels dictate.Must be willing to work outside of normal hours to maintain service levels to hospital.A successful candidate should possess national certification as an MLT or MT from a recognized organization (ASCP or AMT).
Quest Diagnostics: Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the .#1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
1. Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result;
2. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
3. Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
4. Review and release test results.
5. Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
6. Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed;
7. Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
8. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
9. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
10. Follow department’s procedure in reporting STATS or Critical results to clients.
11. If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
12. Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
13. Maintain general appearance of the department.
14. Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates. 15. Review/train on new procedures.
16. Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings.
17. Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
18. If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
19. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990. Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
1 year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred. Minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly complex testing for those with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology.
1. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
2. Must interact with other departments.
3. Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills are important.
4. Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
Key Word Search
- MT/CLS – Microbiology: Microbiology, Microbiologist, Molecular Microbiology, Bacteriology, Mycology, Phycology, Virology, Public Microbiologist
- MT/CLS – Hematology: Hematology, Hematologist , Hematological, Hemoglobin, Blood Bank, Coagulation, CBC (Complete Blood Count)
- MT/CLS – Immunochemistry: Immunochemistry, Immunochemist, Immunochemical, Assay Validation – ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay), Immunology, Chemistry, Chemoimmunology
- MT/CLS – Chemistry: Chemistry, Chemoimmunology , Immunochemistry, Immunoassays, electrochemistry, Chemical Science
- MT/CLS – Toxicology or PDM – Toxicology, Pain, Pain Management, Pain Monitoring, LCMS, mass spectrometry, LCMSMS
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. or Citizenship.
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females / Minorities / Veterans / D Isabled / S Exual Orientation / Gender Identity.