Licensed Practical Nurse I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Ardmore, OK 73401
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Collaborates in the assessment of the patient/significant other in a timely, consistent and systematic manner.
1. Ability to perform an assessment/reassessment on all patients as per policy, and as indicated by the patient’s condition or as directed by the RN. Notifies RN and physician of admission and obtains orders
Per departmental policy and operates within scope of practice.
2. Gathers data to be used in assessments for each patient every 12 hours, or more frequently as indicated per patient clinical condition and/or as directed by RN.
3. Includes information obtained from the patient/significant others in data gathering process.
4. Gathers data regarding needs and learning abilities of patient and/or significant others during admission and thereafter.
5. Assists the RN with identification of patient problems.
Collaborates in the development of an outcome oriented plan of care that reflects the patients actual or potential health Problems.
1. Collaborates with the RN in the development of the patient’s plan of care. Plan of care should include
identified problems, and/or nursing diagnosis, nursing interventions, and goals/outcomes with target time frame.
2, Involves patient and/or significant others in decisions regarding care.
3. Reviews the plan of care for assigned patients every 12 hours or more frequently, collaborating
with the RN in revisions as necessary.
4. Prioritizes care delivery according to the patients needs and unit activities.
5. Demonstrates the ability to interpret information in terms understandable to the patient, family and/or significant others; regardless of age.
6. Assists in planning care based on knowledge of growth and development changes occurring across the patient’s life-span.
Implements the plan of care under the direction of the RN to achieve the identified outcomes for the patient.
1. Provides professional holistic nursing care to an assigned group of patients according to the prescribed plan of care under the direction of an RN.
2. Assists with and/or performs procedures.
3. Delegates tasks to unlicensed health care provides according to their documented competencies. 4. Provides patient/family education based on assessed needs including the safe use of equipment used in treatment and/or health maintenance.
Each career at Mercy represents unique members of our caring ministry’s “body”, working together for the health and strength of the whole. To achieve our goals, we need all the parts functioning at their best and this requires the specific qualifications that you’ll bring with you:
Education: Is a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Licensure: Licensed to practice as an LPN in the state of Oklahoma.
Experience: May be a new graduate nurse; An LPN with
Employer’s Job# 805264
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement..