Freight Forwarder - Import and Export
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73101
- Effectively schedule ocean and/or air bookings for international shipments
- Ensure the complete and timely delivery of freight by attaining knowledge from clients to satisfy their needs and completing paperwork accurately
- Process data through the Company s system working with air, ocean and trucking companies
- Be able to request, then negotiate, freight quotations to include details such as container capacities, packing dimensions and weights, coding, etc.
- Compose complex emails regarding issues and resolutions utilizing your ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports and organize, prepare and assemble documents
- Comprehend the full range of international freight forwarding services: cargo movement and scheduling, customs brokerage, monitor and control services, cost optimization, etc.
- Freight Forwarding experience preferred but not a requirement, we are interested in entry level as well
- Great customer service skills
- Computer skills, including frequent prior use of MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Strong math skills, along with the ability to calculate freight measurements, weight and convert to international units when necessary
- Familiarity with domestic and international geography including countries and major cities
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at . If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Employer’s Job# 557196401
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.