KC-46 - Information System Security Engineer - Altus
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Altus Afb, OK 73523
Location: Altus AFB, OK Altus AFB, OK , Oklahoma 73523 , United States (US)
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT YOU POSSESS OR HAVE THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE. IF YOU NEED FURTHER INFORMATION ON THIS, PLEASE CUT AND PAST THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS IN A BROWSER AND CAREFULLY READ THROUGH THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: https://www.clearancejobs.com/security-clearance-faqs.
The Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) is responsible for conducting information system security engineering activities. ISSE will capture and refine information security requirements and ensure the requirements are effectively integrated into Information Systems (ISs) / Platform Information Technology (PIT) systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration located at assigned KC-46 Aircrew Training System (ATS) training site is maintained.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employ best practices when implementing security controls, including software engineering methodologies, system/security engineering principles, secure design, secure architecture, and secure coding techniques
- Coordinate their security-related activities with the information security architect, Information System Security Officer (ISSO), Information System Owner (ISO), and common control provider
- Assess threats and vulnerabilities to an IS/PIT systems.
- Define security requirements for an IS/PIT systems.
- Design, develop, and/or implement security architecture for an IS/PIT systems.
- Design, develop, and/or implement cybersecurity/cybersecurity-enabled products, services, and/or solutions for an IS/PIT system
- Ensure implementation of cybersecurity policies for IS/PIT systems.
- Test and evaluate products, services, solutions security and vulnerability countermeasures/mitigations
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Travels, as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Ability to interface with the users, customers, and staff effectively.
- Ability to assess Cybersecurity risks on all Aircrew Training System (ATS) configured systems including running security scans, assessing configuration issues from scan produced data and mitigating relevant issues to enable the configured system to continue to operate in their government approved environment.
- Must be able to identify unnecessary processes and functions of given ISs/PIT systems
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800 series
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Working knowledge of Cybersecurity, including demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job responsibilities listed above
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- Attain and maintain, at a minimum, an IASAE Level II cybersecurity baseline certification within 1 year from hire date.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Four years of experience in an engineering or computer science discipline.
- Two years of experience using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) Software suite.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Employer’s Job# 576918800A2
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.