KC-46 Cybersecurity System Engineer - Altus
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Altus Afb, OK 73523
Location: Altus AFB, OK Altus AFB, OK , Oklahoma 73523 , United States (US)
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT YOU POSSESS OR HAVE THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE. IF YOU NEED FURTHER INFORMATION ON THIS, PLEASE CUT AND PAST THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS IN A BROWSER AND CAREFULLY READ THROUGH THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: https://www.clearancejobs.com/security-clearance-faqs.
The Cybersecurity System Engineer (CSE) will provide \\“day to day\\” support to KC-46 Aircrew Training System (ATS) Program activities to meet National Institute of Standard and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity requirements for system assessment & authorization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy in accordance with (IAW) NIST publications
- Provides expert level consultation and technical services on all aspects of Information Security
- Develop and provide cybersecurity risk management recommendations to the program
- Assist with development and maintenance of Program Protection Plan & Cybersecurity Strategy
- Assist with site activation activities and design reviews
- Assist in semi-annual and annual cybersecurity audits to all KC-46 ATS training sites
- Review related designs and provide security compliance recommendations
- Development and support of technical documentation
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Travels, as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with others without constant direct supervision.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and to assume responsibility for accuracy and completeness of work.
- Ability to accept direction from ISSM
- Ability to accurately use a computer and software.
- Solid knowledge of ATS design.
- Must be familiar with security/manuals and appropriate DoD manuals and other guiding policy documents
- Full understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes for system accreditation, along with legacy (DIACAP) processes
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, Military/civilian personnel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel within the organizational Area of Responsibility
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- Attain and maintain, at a minimum, an IAT Level II cybersecurity baseline certification within 1 year from hire date
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security)
- Cybersecurity Analyst+ (CSA+)
- Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GISCP)
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- Security +
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Four years of experience in an engineering or computer science discipline.
- Three years of experience in NIST publication implementation.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Employer’s Job# 576922400A2
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.