Utility Production Operator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Roff, OK 74865
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. The formation of Covia in 2018 is the most recent of many significant milestones in our shared history. Built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin Corporation, Covia s rich legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Utility Production Operator who will have a positive impact on the Operations team at its Roff Sand Plant location.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
- Comply with applicable MSHA regulations as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and procedures applying to the worker or person that are part of a safety and health management system for the mine
- If the worker has information that other persons need to know to fulfil their obligations or duties under the CFR, or to protect themselves from the risk of injury or illness, to give the information to the other persons
- Take any other reasonable and necessary course of action to ensure anyone is not exposed to an unacceptable level of risk
- Work or carry out the worker s activities in a way that does not expose the worker or someone else to an unacceptable level of risk
- Ensure, to the extent of the responsibilities and duties allocated to the worker or person, that the work and activities under the worker s control, supervision, or leadership is conducted in a way that does not expose the worker or person or someone else to an unacceptable level of risk
- To the extent of the worker s or person s involvement, to participate in and conform to the risk management practices of the operation
- Comply with instructions given for safety and health of persons by the mine operator or a supervisor at the operation
- Work at the operation only if the worker is in a fit condition to carry out the work without affecting the safety and health of others
Employer’s Job# 292524-836
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.