Audit Associate - Winter 2021
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oklahoma City, OK 73163
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.56 billion and operates 58 offices across the United States with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically – whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect, and responsibility (“CLEARR”) guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition to be the firm that makes a difference every day.
We provide companies with the guidance that they need to help run their businesses, establish robust internal controls, use information effectively and improve performance. These services include compliance, consulting services, information technology solutions, forensic accounting and investigative services, recovery and reorganization, tax preparation, and valuation, to name a few.
What is Audit?
Grant Thornton’s Audit practice provides our clients with valuable insight regarding managing risk and improving business performance. We assist our clients with improving their overall financial reporting processes. Our goal is to help our clients better understand their business by keeping them regularly informed about their financial progress and by discussing accounting, financial, and regulatory developments that may impact their business.
Why become an Audit Associate at Grant Thornton?
As an Audit Associate at Grant Thornton, your primary responsibility will be performing audit procedures in the areas of cash, receivables, inventory, fixed assets, payrolls, and expense analysis. You will work alongside Partners, Managers, and Senior Executives as a member of the engagement team. Additional job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Reviewing and auditing business transaction cycles including cash, treasury, capital expenditures, and other income and expenses
- Researching audit issues, utilizing electronic databases, and review-tracking financial information, utilizing audit related software
- Identifying, researching, assessing, and informing senior staff members of audit related issues
- Collaboratively working with client team members to build rapport and strong client relationships
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Major and overall minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Completion of necessary education hours to be eligible for CPA licensure, if required in the state where the position will be located
- The willingness and ability to work additional hours, as needed, and travel to various client sites
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude and skillset
- Demonstrated project management skillset including project planning and time management
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
Grant Thornton LLP provides both local and national training programs related to an individual’s job responsibilities. We are committed to ongoing professional development and we encourage individuals to attend outside training seminars.
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Audit Associate – Winter 2021
Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City
Requisition ID: 044210