Registered Nurse RN)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tulsa, OK 74101
REGISTERED NURSE (RN)
Tulsa, OK (2140 S. Yale Avenue)
General Position Description:
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office and clinical staff. The successful RN will have sound clinical acumen, strong communication skills and a dedication to customer service and patient care.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to make each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess, screen, triage and perform treatment ordered for patients.
- Complete detailed and comprehensive data collection upon clinical intake, including appropriate evaluation of chief complaint, medication Hx, PMH, allergies, social Hx, etc.
- Perform medical treatment as ordered by provider or established MedExpress standing orders.
- Prepare and assist licensed medical provider with dispensing prescribed medications (in States where applicable).
- At the direction of the medical provider must have the ability to prepare and administer all prescribed medications including, but not limited to, IV medications and fluid administration, IM, SQ, PO, and intradermal medication administration.
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures and other duties.
- Oversee and coordinate the daily patient care flow, assisting and participating in all aspects of patient care for all patients within the center.
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals.
- Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
- Complete patient referrals daily.
- Assist the provider with calling patients and informing them of normal lab and imaging results reviewed by the provider.
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and/or paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures.
- Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
- Maintains HIPAA compliance at all times.
Employer’s Job# 2674175
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.