Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Enid, OK 73705
SUMMARY: This Licensed Practical Nurse will provide utilization management activities in the Referral Management Center.
1. Mandatory knowledge and skills.
1. Knowledge, skills and computer literacy to interpret and apply medical care criteria, such as InterQual or Milliman Ambulatory Care Guidelines.
2. The Contractor must have a working knowledge of Ambulatory Procedure Grouping (APGs), Diagnostic Related Grouping (DRGs), International Classification of Diseases-Version 9 (ICD-9), and Current Procedural Terminology-Version 4 (CPT-4) coding.
3. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and have working knowledge of computers, specifically the Internet, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and Windows.
2. Education. Associate of Science in Nursing Program from an approved National League of Nursing.
3. License/certification. Current, active, full, and unrestricted License to practice Nursing in accordance with State Board requirements. Nurse applicants must be a current U.S. licensed Practical Nurse.
1. License cannot be under investigation nor have any adverse action pending from a Nursing State Board or national licensing/certification agency.
4. Experience. 6 years of clinical nursing experience is required. Previous experience in Utilization Management is not required. Full time employment in a nursing field within the last 36 months is mandatory.
1. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be qualifying if approved by the requesting location and the Contracting Officer. If education or experience is used to meet the specialized requirements of this position, it must be directly related to referral/utilization management.
5. Work Environment/Physical Requirements. The work can be sedentary. However, there may be some physical demands. Requirements include standing, sitting or bending. Individual will be required to walk throughout facility to pick up referral requests, medical records, and radiology results, or other completed paperwork. .
2. UNIQUE MILITARY HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS/PROCEDURES:
1. The Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and the newest version, AHLTA, ERAS, ICD-B programs must be utilized for referral management services. Access will be granted by local MTF connectivity and the contractor shall comply with MHS communications and Government IT security standards and policies. The military facility will provide system accounts for MSS personnel after required training and security procedures have been completed by the contractor. If the Military Health Service processes moves away from specified systems, the government will modify the task order accordingly.
MindLeaf Technologies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against candidates or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, genetic history, or any other protected status
Job Location: Vance AFB, OK – Enid, OK
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 2 Year Degree
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Nurse