R&D Software Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bartlesville, OK 74006
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a R&D Software Engineer, consists of the development, introduction and application of software to respond to customer requirements and to cost-effectively provide a means of analyzing, producing, distributing and storing information. Follow specific instructions of supervisor or senior engineers to perform the less complex professional assignments requiring application of standard engineering principles and practices. Use computers and selected programs for such matters as preparing reports and conducting analyses.
Typical duties/responsibilities for engineering may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform the less complex engineering assignments associated with various engineering activities. Monitor progress, comply with quality and schedule requirements, and maintain detailed logs and records.
- Use computer programs to perform various engineering operations, conduct analyses and provide related data and information. Compile and assimilate data from various sources, conduct relatively routine operations and tests, prepare reports and develop graphics for presentations. Troubleshoot and resolve routine problems and assist in resolving more complex issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
Preferred qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of Software Engineering experience.
- Experience developing software for memory constrained systems.
- Board support package development experience.
- Device driver development.
- Embedded Linux skills.
- C/C++ coding skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Experience interpreting schematic diagrams for electronic circuit boards.
- Experience creating technical requirements from Marketing Requirements.
- Experience creating software architecture and design documents.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB Inc.
ABB Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their s ex, gender identity, s exual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: