Mercy Convenient Care PRN Only) Oklahoma City Metro Locations - APRN or PA
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yukon, OK 73085
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
The Mercy Convenient Care Family Nurse Practioner and/or Physician Assistant is an interdependent member of the health care team who provides primary health care to patients and families.
Primary health care is provided through direct nursing and professional medical care; consultation with other health care professionals; collaboration with members of the health care team; and referrals when necessary. Will perform all work with accord to the mission, vision, and values of Mercy Health Systems.
- Secure health and developmental histories of patients.
- Perform and record health appraisals including physical assessments, health maintenance, and developmental evaluation of patients and their families.
- Differentiates between normal findings and those that require further tests and examinations by a physician, other health professional, and/or interventions.
- Diagnose and treat individuals with common acute conditions, chronic illnesses, or minor trauma.
- Formulate a health plan to include: Participation of the patient, family, and other health professionals in treatment and on-going care; and provision of prevention and health maintenance schedule, and health promotion services through teaching, counseling, and anticipatory guidance.
- Collaborate with supervising physician and other health care professionals as indicated for consultation and/or referral.
- Provide continuing evaluation of care and treatment, and modify health plan as needed.
- Participate in quality assurance programs, continuing education, and research.
- Enforces federal, state, and OSHA rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues.
- Meets annual requirements for state licensure.
- Meets annual certification for CPR/ACLS.
- Demonstrates knowledge of special needs and behaviors of specific age groups to include neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Education: Successful completion of an accredited Master’s Degree Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant
- Licensure: Licensed by the State of Oklahoma Board of Nursing and recognized as a Nurse Practitioner or the Oklahoma Medical Board as a Physician Assistant.
Employer’s Job# 803058
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.