Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Norman, OK 73069
Unit Brazer/Assembler (1910473)
Performs a variety of operations such as set-up, brazing, assembly, inspection, minor repairs and/or testing to meet specifications.
- Check for and obtain required tools, equipment and parts as needed.
- Notify trucker/supervisor/scheduler/lead person of part shortages/outages per instruction and as they occur.
- Work from blue prints and verbal instructions from Supervisor.
- Mount, align, position, assemble, braze and/or solder a wide variety of sub-assemblies, components or piece-parts to include complete assembly of comfort units.
- Adjust assembly frames, bend and fit components, and piece-parts to meet required tolerances.
- Brush and/or sand including basic visual inspecting or various parts/components, verifying their conformance to specifications within the span of normal unit flow and timing as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Perform brazing and/or other operations to seal tubing or hoses. Assure all brazed/soldered joints or parts meet pressure tight standards per “Manufacturing Operation Specifications”.
- Place completed piece-parts/material/assemblies and/or units in lay down area or on conveyor for subsequent operations using a conveyor or manually move units as required.
- Identify parts from drawings or data cards, read the dimensions to the piece-part component, or sub-assembly, using a measure tape scale or the like.
- Perform a variety of packaging operations necessary to pack comfort units/parts for shipment. Enclose with required tags, instructions, warranties, etc., and seal with packaging tools.
- Arrange fixtures, parts containers, flux cleaning tank, and other materials to provide a minimum of travel distance to perform the operations.
- Perform simple repair and/or rework to piece-parts and units such as changing wires, minor straightening or aligning of sheet metal, minor touch-up of surface deformations and finish defects, drilling or reaming of holes, replacing defective electrical or electro-mechanical components, combing damaged fish in coils, and similar repair duties performed within the span of normal unit flow and timing as instructed by Supervisor.
- Performing relief duties as necessary to assist in the orderly flow of the products through the working areas.
- Apply identification labels to piece-parts, cartons or crates to identify the material both by part number and quantity.
- Perform rework or minor repairs if assigned by Supervisor.
- Perform basic housekeeping functions of sweeping, straightening, etc., to assure a work area of a neat/orderly/clean/productive atmosphere.
- Maintain tools, equipment, and an orderly work area, and record production activities as required.
- Perform any and all other department duties as assigned by Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Use of decimals, fractions and scales.
- Ability to use pneumatic tools safely and correctly.
- Complete in plant Brazer training course.
- On job training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Very repetitive work, continuous standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and carry of heavy and/or bulk part required.Weight amounts may vary from 5 pounds to 50 pounds, any amount over 50 pounds requires physical or mechanical help.Arm strength and coordination required for use of pneumatic tools.Repetitive motion of hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders. Rotating of upper body to lift and position parts on units or conveyor line. Continuous visual and some close mental attention to details involved in assembling unit to blueprint specifications.
“Practice safe work and environmentally friendly behavior and participate actively in safety and environmental training. Maintain and use as required all personal protective equipment (PPE)and other safety equipment provided. Follow environmentally sound practices to help reduce pollution and conserve natural resources. Understand hazards associated with job assignments and alert supervisor/management of any unsafe conditions or environmental concerns immediately.”.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, s ex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.