INSTRUCTOR, ACADEMICS - 12877/11411/52376
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lawton, OK 73507
Facility: Lawton Correctional Facility
Compensation Base: $35,200.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maintains a classroom environment that facilitates the teaching of Adult Basic Education, English Language Development, and Special Education and basic subjects required to pass the GED or equivalent examination. Teaches one or more subjects including, but not limited to reading, mathematics, and language arts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides classroom instruction in the areas of basic education subjects including career planning, social adjustment, and general life skills information.
- May instruct conversational English, and ideas and customs in English to students with limited English proficiency.
- Maintains records including testing, daily inmate/detainee work, attendance and general record keeping.
- Evaluates and maintains inmate/detainee academic progress.
- Provides individual tutoring.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Two (2) years of relevant teaching experience preferred.
- Valid teaching certificate from the state Department of Education or comparable authority required.