KC-46 - Information System Security Officer - Altus
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Altus Afb, OK 73523
Location: Altus AFB, OK Altus AFB, OK , Oklahoma 73523 , United States (US)
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT YOU POSSESS OR HAVE THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE. IF YOU NEED FURTHER INFORMATION ON THIS, PLEASE CUT AND PAST THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS IN A BROWSER AND CAREFULLY READ THROUGH THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: https://www.clearancejobs.com/security-clearance-faqs.
The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained at assigned KC-46 Aircrew Training System (ATS) training sites. The ISSO will be responsible for maintaining situational awareness and initiating actions to improve or restore cybersecurity posture of the assigned KC-46 ATS training site. The ISSO will attain and maintain, at a minimum, an IAT Level II cybersecurity baseline certification.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and enforce all Air Force (AF) cybersecurity policies, procedures, and countermeasures
- Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances and need-to-know, complete annual cybersecurity training, and are aware of their responsibilities before being granted access to the Information Systems (ISs) / Platform Information Technical (PIT) systems.
- Maintain all authorized user access control documentation IAW the applicable AF Records Information Management System (AFRIMS). Also facilitate the in-brief process of new personnel.
- Ensure software, hardware and firmware complies with appropriate security configuration guidelines (e.g., STIGs/SRGs)
- Ensure proper configuration management procedures are followed prior implementation and contingent upon necessary approval.
- Coordinate changes or modifications with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM).
- Initiate protective or corrective measures, upon discovery of a security incident or vulnerability
- Report security incidents and /or vulnerabilities to the ISSM.
- Initiate exceptions, deviations, or waivers to cybersecurity requirements affecting assigned KC-46 ATS training site.
- Provide direct interface with base agencies
- Provide guidance to personnel entering classified computing areas and assist in enforcement of applicable security controls for transmission and operation in a classified and unclassified environment.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion and integrity of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and stored in a secure location.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request
- Implementation assistance and maintenance of the disaster recovery plan and associated software and hardware
- Three years of DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience.
- Experience using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) Software suite.
- Experience providing cybersecurity briefs and training to an organization
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Employer’s Job# 576890900A1
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.