KC-46 - Information System Security Manager - Altus
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Altus Afb, OK 73523
Location: Altus AFB, OK Altus AFB, OK , Oklahoma 73523 , United States (US)
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT YOU POSSESS OR HAVE THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE. IF YOU NEED FURTHER INFORMATION ON THIS, PLEASE CUT AND PAST THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS IN A BROWSER AND CAREFULLY READ THROUGH THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: https://www.clearancejobs.com/security-clearance-faqs.
Information System Security Manager (ISSM) creates and/or oversees the cybersecurity program to include cybersecurity architecture, requirements, personnel, policies, processes and procedures. The ISSM must have appropriate foundational knowledge of cybersecurity best practices and risk management commensurate to the criticality of the information stored and/or processed in the program to include Information Systems (ISs) / Platform Information Technology (PIT) systems within the program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the integration of cybersecurity into and throughout the lifecycle of the program.
- Ensure all program cybersecurity-related documentation is current and accessible to the properly authorized individuals.
- Support Program Manager (PM) in maintaining Authority to Test (ATT), Authority to Connect (ATC) and Authority to Operate (ATO) approvals and provide support to the PM in implementing corrective actions identified in the Plan of Action & Milestone (POA&M).
- Coordinate, with the PM, development of an Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) strategy and monitor any proposed or actual changes to the program to include ISs/PIT systems and their environments.
- Continuously monitor the ISs/PIT systems and environment for security-relevant events, assess proposed configuration changes for potential impact to the cybersecurity posture, and assess the quality of security controls implementation against performance indicators such as security incidents, feedback from external inspection agencies, exercises, and operational evaluations.
- Ensure cybersecurity-related events or configuration changes that impact the program along with the ISs/PIT systems authorization or adversely impact the security posture are formally reported to the Authorizing Officer (AO) and other affected parties.
- Appoint Information System Security Officers (ISSOs) and provide oversight to ensure ISSOs follow established cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Ensure all ISSOs and privileged users receive necessary technical training, obtain cybersecurity certification, and maintain proper clearances in accordance with (IAW) Department of Defense (DoD) / Air Force (AF) guidance.
- Ensure the ISs/PIT systems are acquired, documented, operated, used, maintained , and disposed of properly and IAW DoD/AF guidance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Travels, as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Ability to coordinate cybersecurity requirements and plans of action with the managers of the program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Program/project management in the IT/cybersecurity area is desired.
- Participation in activities related to aircrew training and aircrew-training devices, is highly desired.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Employer’s Job# 576918000A1
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.