Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Job Description Summary
The primary functions of the electrician include but are not limited to Installation of new electrical equipment, troubleshooting and ensuring quality repairs to plant equipment and electrical systems in a safe, efficient and productive manner and other duties as assigned.
• Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
• Licensed electrician preferred but not required
• Must have 2 years of three-phase experience and experience with PLC.
• Ability to conduct ground continuity and earth resistance tests.
• Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters, performing analysis and repair work.
• Willingness to work in outdoor environment in all conditions.
• High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required. High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow or electrical power. Exposed to high voltage electricity.
• Strong safety leader including compliance with MSHA and OSHA safety standards.
• Surface Quarry, Asphalt, or Concrete plant experience a plus.
• Must be willing to be on call for weekend operations that operate except for when scheduled off.
• Currently possess and maintain a valid drivers’ license and good driving record.
• Ability to learn to read and comprehend electrical wiring schematics.
• Technical electrical education helpful but degree not required.
• Candidate will be required to work collectively in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
• Excellent verbal, written and comprehension communication skills.
• Willingness to do other work as needed, including labor.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including overtime and weekends when required.
• Ability to work near, around or on light or heavy equipment.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
• Regular, reliable attendance at the worksite or assigned work location.
• Follow all safety and environmental rules, regulations and procedures as set forth by company policies and MSHA.
• Follow all company policies and local, state and federal regulations for safe working procedures.
• Maintain electronic and process control equipment.
• Troubleshoot and repair AC/DC motor controls and drives.
• Work closely with the engineering group and outside contracted vendors to meet deadlines and complete repairs, upgrades and capital improvement projects.
• Assisting other electricians as needed and completing special projects.
• Ability and knowledge to operate mobile equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ability to perform preventive maintenance and pre-shift inspections; repair mobile equipment as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining a neat and professional appearance of self, shop and work areas.
• Ability to comprehend and complete all needed paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
• Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR
• One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.