Wire Design Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Houston, TX 77058
Cimarron is seeking a Wire Design Engineer to define wiring schematics, cable interconnect diagrams, specify components, and provide design information to packaging engineers. This position will provide engineering and technical support for Boeing Military Aircraft, Military Derivative Aircraft, and diverse projects in Oklahoma City, OK.
• Develops and maintains basic cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs.
• Assists with engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests).
• Develops and maintains basic electrical product detail, assembly, and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry, antennas).
• Follows documented processes, specifications, and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities.
• Collects data to support the development of statements of work.
• Assists in data gathering of supplier capabilities.
• Reviews functional and physical input used in the development of integrated design and system architecture.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.
• 5 or more years of experience creating system level wiring diagrams, schematics, equipment location drawings, harness location drawings, and wire bundle build-to-packages based on system level requirements.
• Previous experience with Mentor Graphics Capitol Logic, CADDSTATION, or WIRS.
• Good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments.
• Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline or 6 or more years of experience in lieu of education.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Active Secret US Government clearance.
• Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry.
• Previous experience in electrical wire design.
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or PhD in Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.
We believe in recognizing employees’ worth by offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) contributions, educational reimbursement, and much more. From company communication through All-Hands meetings led by our President and CEO, to an Awards program designed to recognize our amazing employees and their accomplishments, you will not only feel like you are a part of a team, you will be a valued member of the Cimarron family.
Cimarron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran. Due to facility security requirements, only US Citizens are eligible for consideration at this time.