Executive Director Finance
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Norman, OK 73069
Executive Director Finance (WD30073756158)
What you will do
The Executive Director Finance will drive results in the Ducted Systems business (residential and commercial HVAC equipment). You will lead the planning and control of financial results consistent with long-term business objectives. You will will provide direction, training and counseling to Operations Management on a wide variety of business/financial issues to ensure achievement of performance targets.
How you will do it
- Proactively works with the Ducted Systems Team to improve actual financial results consistent with operating plan commitments and objectives.
- Continually performs business evaluations to identify future opportunities for improvement and barriers to achieving strategic and financial objectives.
- Develops and reviews monthly financial results and business metrics for product lines and business.
- Proactively identifies business/financial opportunities and corrective actions and implements them or communicates them to management for implementation.
- Provides financial leadership, training and direction to the financial and operating team to improve their financial and business skills so they can more effectively manage their business.
- Increases the financial and business performance awareness of non-financial employees through training on financial measurements and interrelationships, asset management techniques, planning, forecasting and control procedures.
- Supports monthly management reporting and analysis as well as sales tracking and reporting. Develops financial material for Operations Reviews as well as BT&S (Building Technologies & Solutions), global reporting requirements.
- Identifies best business practices and facilitates the propagation of these practices throughout the business.
- Supports the financial/business planning and forecasting process for the business. Reviews the plans and forecasts for alignment with business objectives, market opportunities and the ability to execute. Provides recommendations and direction to the management team.
- Develops, where necessary, effective control procedures to supplement Corporate and Division procedures. Monitors compliance with procedures.
- Monitors and reports engineering, product and technology spending performance. Supports Sales Finance team and sales forecasting, tracking and reporting.
- Provides support for development and enhancement of IT financial and business systems.
- Providing oversight for all accounting support across General Accounting/Record to Report, Order to Cash, and Procure to Pay functions at the GBS.
- Working with the GBS leadership team, develop strategies to move finance. support activities into our GBS model.
- Work with VP & GM’s within the segment to identify acquisition opportunities and provide business case support and analysis to ensure the acquisition/Divestiture opportunities meet financial expectations.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 12 years progressive finance and accounting experience
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Demonstrated ability to add value to commercial performance
- Financial control over at least $100M in sales annually, with complex operations
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office products and financial reporting software
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Public accounting and manufacturing industry experience
- Management of a team with remote members
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, s ex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.